Lost Password?   -   Register

Partner: Ponyzit   Jason Auric   Swissbronies   TeamSpeak

Which book is best book?
12.08.2013, 21:20
RE: Which book is best book?
[Image: 51tNz55TXnL._.jpg]

Platoon my favourite book of all time!

its a hint to read it some time.

DONT Watch the film! if you read the book first, (like me) you get very confused because A LOT of parts described in the book just skipped.

#1 Internet Enemy
[Image: BepRuS8.jpg]
Worked on my Album. with these things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18.08.2013, 11:54 (This post was last modified: 18.08.2013 12:15 by Elondras.)
Stephen King's "Cell" was so good i just couldn't stop reading! Even at School and on the workplace i was reading it every time i could. I still don't know if the story continues in another book...i hope so

Rober Harris wrote with "Imperium" and "Titan" also two very fascinating good books wich i love to read Ppsmile and also have ot wair for the last book of the trilogy Lyrasad

[Image: 6txababo.gif]
18.08.2013, 20:19
Harry Potter 1-7 will be my most favourite books for ever I think
After that I read nearly everything from Tolkien and loved it.
Die Zwerge series
Die Albae-series
Die Elfen-Series
And last but not least the Narnia chronicles are my most beloved books

MLP SWISSGERMAN
[Image: 3kh4.jpg]
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
25.08.2013, 22:08 (This post was last modified: 25.08.2013 22:08 by Ecthudan.)
I have always loved His Dark Materials. It is just so complex and involved so much complicated science for a "children's book". I also absolutely adore the whole concept about dæmons, which I have always found highly interesting. The "dust" also gave me a lot to think about and let's not even start with the whole religion thing.

They're definitely my favorite books.
26.08.2013, 14:42
Quote:I also absolutely adore the whole concept about dæmons, which I have always found highly interesting.

Oooh, you would love the Darren Shan book series "The Demonata".
http://www.darrenshan.com/books/listing/the-demonata/

Your life is not complete until you read about a dæmon lord who plays chess against you before he rips you apart and tortures your soul for eternity.

These books approach the concept of dæmons from a completely different angle than what you'd expect, but don't let that put you off. It also contains a lot of magic, parallel universes, werewolves and dark humour.

TheComet

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:
if( Mak::getSingletonPtr()->isKehring() ) throw KehrdinandException( Mak::getSingletonPtr() );

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_m2kzrwhvq41rrsbh3o1_500.gif]
26.08.2013, 15:17
(26.08.2013 14:42)TheComet Wrote:  
Quote:I also absolutely adore the whole concept about dæmons, which I have always found highly interesting.

Oooh, you would love the Darren Shan book series "The Demonata".
http://www.darrenshan.com/books/listing/the-demonata/

Your life is not complete until you read about a dæmon lord who plays chess against you before he rips you apart and tortures your soul for eternity.

These books approach the concept of dæmons from a completely different angle than what you'd expect, but don't let that put you off. It also contains a lot of magic, parallel universes, werewolves and dark humour.

TheComet

Hmm, you do know that Pullman's dæmons have nothing to do with actual "demons" right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A6mon...terials%29

Anyway, I might give it a shot.
26.08.2013, 16:13
Sorry, I flew over the book you mentioned without knowing how different Pullman's dæmons are. I read the link you sent and the whole thing is highly interesting. I'll give it a shot!

TheComet

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:
if( Mak::getSingletonPtr()->isKehring() ) throw KehrdinandException( Mak::getSingletonPtr() );

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_m2kzrwhvq41rrsbh3o1_500.gif]
26.08.2013, 17:04
If you like a different take on deamons, try the Bartimaeus books by Jonathan Strout.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartimaeus_Sequence

"If you even think about turning this on you need to hand in your PC-gaming masterrace card immediatly and go and buy a peasant box."
TotalBiscuit, on mouse acceleration

"No"
Me, on recent events
27.08.2013, 06:49
I read the first of Pullmanns novels, but I never read on. Don't remember why to be honest, though I think I might not have liked the main character too much.
Anyway the book was really good, I should go back and finally read them when I have time. The concept of the dust was also very scary, but fascinating to me.
28.08.2013, 22:55
Wow, it' been ages since I read the Pullmann books... I wanted to re-read them some time ago, but couldnt find The Golden Compass anymore...

"If you even think about turning this on you need to hand in your PC-gaming masterrace card immediatly and go and buy a peasant box."
TotalBiscuit, on mouse acceleration

"No"
Me, on recent events
10.09.2013, 14:51
[Image: j.l.bourne2-325x150.jpg]

I very like "Tagebuch der Apokalypse 1-3" (Day by day Armageddon) from J.L. Bourne. Even if the third book isn't as good as the previous two. The third book is a abrupt change in style, and not written like a Dairy any more.
Also the German translation is not that good, especially when it comes to military terms. Sometimes it is a rem .223 calibre bullet, two pages further it's a .232 cal (what the heck is a .232 anyway?) and so on...

[Image: v] - [Image: 7J3LoMS.jpg]

Wie fühlt sich Fleischfresser-Bernd eigentlich, wenn er bewusst den größten Holocaust der Geschichte unterstützt?
lg Veganerbernd
(USER BÜSSTE FÜR DIESEN POST MIT GUT UND BLUT)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12.09.2013, 17:51 (This post was last modified: 12.09.2013 18:03 by rainbowdash36.)
i like much the book Tom gates alles bombe ( irgendwie ) [Image: 053583925-tom-gates-alles-bombe-irgendwie.jpg]

[Image: EZBZxgX.png]
19.09.2013, 15:00
The fault in our stars by John Green and the perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky are easily two of my favorites.

I'm from the meme team
The best squad
You talk shit?
Ya get hit
Get nerfed
Get off our terf
Yeah we're the meme team
03.12.2013, 00:15
One of my alltime favourites is a book called "That others may live" (or "Jedes Leben zählt" in German). Jack Brehm, the author, tells about his 20 years as a PJ - a parascue jumping medic - for the 106th Rescue Wing of the US Air Force. He tells about his recruitment and training, about some of his own missions, missions of friends and how his family has to struggle with his job.
It's written both funny and also very informative.

[Image: vxFsWtK.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)