Lost Password?   -   Register

Partner: Ponyzit   Jason Auric   Swissbronies   TeamSpeak

State of SBU
08.04.2014, 13:40 (This post was last modified: 08.04.2014 13:40 by MPony.)
State of SBU
i have opened this thread to discuss the state of the sbu forum.

It seems to have closed down after the incident with the kludi army. 
i dont know what went down there since i am not very active on either sbu or bp. 
but it makes me sad that yet another forum was destroyed by the kludi army.  

The swissbrony community might not cease to exist but without a public forum it will not be as prominent and as accessible as before. which i think is not a good thing.  

what are your thoughts on the closing of the sbu forum?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08.04.2014, 14:59
RE: State of SBU
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you part of the Kludi-army? Your behaviour seems to align more with them than their so called arch-rivals - which also goes along with you kicking us out of your MineCraft and TeamSpeak server without a warning and not replying to my messages at all.

If so, it would make your post very hypocritical.

[Image: waves.png]
if (Math.rand() > 0.999) kehrABit();
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08.04.2014, 17:19
(08.04.2014 13:40)MPony Wrote:   
It seems to have closed down after the incident with the kludi army. 
Can you tell me what happened? I missed it.

[Image: hE4163ED4]
08.04.2014, 17:30
Das http://www.swissbronies-united.ch bekam einen DDOs angriff.
Wir werden rechtliche Schritte einleiten.
Das Forum wird bald wieder online gehen, wenn wir alles geregelt haben.

From all of us together, together we are friends. With the marks of our
destinies made one, there is magic without end.

Hug
 Thanks given by: thomas
08.04.2014, 17:58
So it's official? Someone DDoS attacked SBU?

I wish everyone would just grow the fuck up and block the constant stream of diarrhea from their butthurt anuses with a buttplug. Was it really worth it? Was it really necessary?

I can't believe how immature most of you are being about everything lately.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:
if( Mak::getSingletonPtr()->isKehring() ) throw KehrdinandException( Mak::getSingletonPtr() );

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_m2kzrwhvq41rrsbh3o1_500.gif]
 Thanks given by: Christian , M/A/K , PasPas , Elondras , T-B-To
08.04.2014, 18:12
(08.04.2014 17:30)Christian Wrote:  Das http://www.swissbronies-united.ch bekam einen DDOs angriff.
Bist du sicher? Ich glaub nicht das jemand von uns, so weit gehen würde auch wenn es Differenzen unter den verschiedenen Gruppierungen gab

[Image: loki.gif]         

[Image: tumblr_m65ipug8xp1qb6ikpo1_250.gif]
08.04.2014, 18:19
Kludi ich habe nicht gesagt, dass es einer von euch war Rdwink

From all of us together, together we are friends. With the marks of our
destinies made one, there is magic without end.

Hug
08.04.2014, 18:23
hm ja es gibt halt noch immer viele brony hater da draussen die haben halt zu viel freizeit ne
08.04.2014, 18:33 (This post was last modified: 08.04.2014 18:33 by TheComet.)
Yes, but wouldn't BP be a more viable target, seeing as it's far more known and public than SBU? SBU doesn't even allow you to view the forum without logging in...

Any "outsider" would target BP before SBU, so that cuts down the possible culprits.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:
if( Mak::getSingletonPtr()->isKehring() ) throw KehrdinandException( Mak::getSingletonPtr() );

Thanks given by: Christian , thomas
08.04.2014, 18:41 (This post was last modified: 08.04.2014 18:55 by MPony.)
im not very familiar with the topic but doesnt a distributed denial of service attack require many people with tools like anonymouse uses?  thats as far as i understood from the wikipedia article

oh and i just remembered that a while ago when bestpony had problems i recommended to mak to set up cloudflare for bestpony which also protects it from these types of attacks (or at least they promise that) wouldnt that be an option for sbu too?

bronies.de also had problems with someone attacking them and they could solve their problem with cloudflare
08.04.2014, 18:55 (This post was last modified: 08.04.2014 18:59 by TheComet.)
A DDoS attack is done by sending more requests to a server than it can handle. The server helplessly tries to respond to as many requests as possible, but soon overloads and freezes. The result is what we currently see: When you visit SBU, the request gets sent, your browser will say "waiting for http://www.swissbronies-united.ch", but will never receive a response and simply time out.

In order to accomplish a successful attack, you need to be able to generate more requests than the server's total bandwidth. Depending on the targeted server, the required number of computers can range from 1 to multiple millions.

Quote:[...] tools like anonymouse uses?

There are online DDoS services you can rent. It's not something hard to do at all...

I don't know much about SBU's servers, but I'm assuming they are pretty well equipped for large bandwidth, from which we can conclude that it was most likely a single person who rented a DDoS service, and said single person is most likely part of "Kludi's army", given that SBU was targeted over BP even though BP would have been a far more viable target.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:

Thanks given by: Christian
08.04.2014, 20:02
(08.04.2014 18:55)TheComet Wrote:  most likely a single person who rented a DDoS service, and said single person is most likely part of "Kludi's army", given that SBU was targeted over BP even though BP would have been a far more viable target.
Im sure it wasnt one of "us" because even though we arent quit fond of sbu, neither me or one my dear friends did something like this...unless it was without my knowledge and that would be a very bad thing to do

08.04.2014, 22:26
Can we please stop using the term "Kludis army" in a serious matter like this?
The whole army thing is rather a joke than anything else, and isn't some kind of organized group with the goal to destroy bronies.
I for my part don't really like being labeled as a soldier and being accused of things, or being one of the suspects for such an attack, just because I share great friendship with someone.

I won't say anything else because I'm not involved into this shitstorm at all, I'm not active on SBU, I didn't listen to the podcast and I choose my friends based on how I like them and not based on with whom else they share friendship with, or which group they are part of.

Just one last thing: Don't get too ridiculous. Legal ways are not cool when it comes to your friends, or even former friends. You can deal with this on a normal basis.
And I'm not talking about the legal ways in a ddos attack - sure, do that, first of all I doubt it was anyone in the community, and second of all it doesn't matter who it was, it is a crime and if they hide and things can't be talked out they are a regular criminal and things will be handled as such - no I'm talking about things some of you wrote in groupchats and were serious about.

"I wish you guys to become such an high EQ a i have some day"
Best phrase 2014 <3 Thanks ACE. :3

[Image: 264913__safe_animated_parody_octavia_upv...haruko.gif]
 Thanks given by: Kludi
08.04.2014, 22:54
Well, I have my suspicions on who it was, but like Liam says, I'd rather observe than become involved. I hope whoever it was could please refrain from doing it again, and I hope SBU gets back online soon.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:

09.04.2014, 00:15
(08.04.2014 18:55)TheComet Wrote:  I don't know much about SBU's servers, but I'm assuming they are pretty well equipped for large bandwidth, from which we can conclude that it was most likely a single person who rented a DDoS service, and said single person is most likely part of "Kludi's army", given that SBU was targeted over BP even though BP would have been a far more viable target.

That is some fairly flawed logic, Comet... Fist off, just goolge swiss bronies. You'll get SBU first, then bp, potentially because SBU has more activity. Also, how can you assume that it's a single person? You have no evidence whatsoever for this theory otehr than that it supports the idea that "Kludis Army" is behind it.

"If you even think about turning this on you need to hand in your PC-gaming masterrace card immediatly and go and buy a peasant box."
TotalBiscuit, on mouse acceleration

"No"
Me, on recent events
09.04.2014, 01:06 (This post was last modified: 09.04.2014 01:06 by TheComet.)
(09.04.2014 00:15)tNEOXXI Wrote:  That is some fairly flawed logic, Comet... Fist off, just goolge swiss bronies. You'll get SBU first, then bp, potentially because SBU has more activity.

Huh, ok then, it seems SBU is the first.

(09.04.2014 00:15)tNEOXXI Wrote:  Also, how can you assume that it's a single person?

Like I said, because the most likely way to have done it is through a DDoS service, which would only require one person. This has nothing to do with Kludi's army, I'm just stating that it's unlikely some uber hacker infected thousands of computers and used them all to send requests to SBU, because quite frankly, the swiss brony community is too irrelevant on the global scale of things.

YOUR_OPINION >/dev/null

Code:

09.04.2014, 06:19
What if it was the same peson(s) who already attacked bronies.de? Ever thought about that one?

11.04.2014, 21:40
and why wouldn't people on both side stop insulting each other at sight? Maybe that could better the actual situation.
 Thanks given by: Christian
12.04.2014, 11:43
It's good to know what happened to swissbronies-united and I hope it will come back soon.
12.04.2014, 12:12 (This post was last modified: 12.04.2014 12:13 by araseses.)
it's already back...

since yesterday evening or so.

[Image: tumblr_meuq9cb6uV1rc5343o1_400.gif]

Superfast! Superfast! I come in last!
But just in time for breakfast!
Keep us through! Keep us through!
Whatever blue the night, the night throws at us
Aluminum! I crush for fun! Aluminum!
The sea is radioactive
The sea is radioactive

(Gorillaz - Plastic Beach - Superfast Jellyfish)
 Thanks given by: LilNinja

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)